1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

cell phone help

Discussion in 'Archive: Phones & Handheld Devices' started by wilson44512, Dec 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. wilson44512

wilson44512 Thread Starter

im looking for a new cell phone. i have been using my daughter old iphone. and i like it very much. i was thinking about getting a new phone.when i renew my contract in January.. i dont do much with a phone. i would like to have a good camera and flash. i play some games like bowling, solitaire, poker. and would like to have touch screen. any one have any good suggestions?

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    if you like the iphone, why not get that ?

3. wilson44512

wilson44512 Thread Starter

i like the iphone but i dont like the camera. thats really the oly thing i dont like about it

4. ChildOfLore

ChildOfLore

I think the high-range Android phones have good cameras, with a great UI, touch screen and some awesome games. Check out the Google Nexus, Samsung Galaxy S or Motorola Droid/Droid2

5. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

Android and iOS are two different operating systems with different applications available. The games you like to play on the iPhone may not be available on an Android phone. You need to decide what's more important: applications or a camera.

6. ChildOfLore

ChildOfLore

Most of the games on iOS are also on Android, especially the popular ones. If you want to double-check, you can search the android market on http://androlib.com

7. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

There may be many different phones, but they only use one of three operating systems: Android, iOS, and Windows Phone 7.

The initial price of the phone is insignificant compared to the contract price. With the average monthly price of $100 on a 2-year contract, you'll spend $2,400 on monthly charges. $100 vs $300 is a difference of only 8%. The monthly charges (with the exception of T-Mobile) are exactly the same regardless of how much you pay for the phone.

8. calvin-c

calvin-c Banned

So which does the Blackberry use? Or do you not consider that a multi-media phone? Of course the OP wants a touchscreen and RIM only has a couple of those models, that might rule it out.

One thing that I see little emphasized these days is synchronization. I'm personally not at all fond of re-entering all my data whenever I change phones. If you stick with the same OS that's (usually) not necessary.

9. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

I wouldn't consider a Blackberry to be a media device. I haven't looked at the availability of Blackberry apps lately, but I'll hazard a guess that there aren't a plethora of games available.

10. calvin-c

calvin-c Banned

I'll certainly agree that multi-media isn't RIM's mainstream focus, but they have started moving to that. You might be right about games and that, like the touchscreen, might rule out Blackberry for the OP-but even without the games Blackberry's are capable of multi-media. At least the new ones I've been looking at are. (Note: I've never used a Blackberry so I could be wrong-and I also don't play games on my phone but I don't believe that gaming is synonymous with multi-media. I take pictures, play music, watch videos, show presentations, use documents & spreadsheets, browse the Web, etc. with my phone. How much more would it take before it's considered multi-media?)

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/969384

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice