1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Cell phone unlock

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by 4volts, Jan 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. 4volts

4volts Thread Starter

any one know how to unlock cell phone,motorola

2. nevarDeath

nevarDeath

for free? You have to do a testpoint, which involves taking the phone apart, hooking up its little motherboard to the battery and to a computer, then jumping two points on the motherboard while running a special peice of software that is proprietary motorola software, so I can't link to it. Go to youtube and search for V3 testpoint and you'll see what I'm talking about. There's a great forum for this www.modmymoto.com, which I'm also a member of under the same name.

If you want to pay $10-$20 for it, you can get an unlock code from many websites and/or ebay. WIth that method, you get an unlock code within hours of payment, put the other networks simcard in the phone and it'll ask for a subsidy code, just put the unlock number in there and it's unlocked instantly.

3. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

I'm not sure this is legal. We're looking into this now. This thread is subject to being closed.

4. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

It's legal to unlock them, and many times you can get the unlock code free from the service provider. Tell them you're going overseas and want to use a pre-paid SIM card.

5. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Thanks John (y)

6. nevarDeath

nevarDeath

I already got warned for something illegal once on here (honestly didn't realize it was, should've known though), so I'm not making that mistake again :)

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/785627

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice