1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Cell phone

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by jdsdaman5, Dec 31, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jdsdaman5

jdsdaman5 Thread Starter

i recently had a palm based cell phone and used it for a little bit. i added all of my contacts to the phone. i just bought the samsung I600 and it is a windows based application. is there a way that i can get my palm contacts into my new samsung phone considering that they are 2 different applications? i apprectiate any of your help thanx alot

2. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

Without any clue as to model numbers, its a hard call to offer constructive advice, but the Palm unit will allow the export (from the PC based copy on Palm Desktop) of the addresses and numbers to a .csv file.

If your new phone has connectivity to the PC, then it may be able to import them, but that would depend widely on the model and your own ability to connect it to a PC.

Alternatively the Palm will usually allow IR (InfaRed) beaming of the addresses, and if your new phone will receive IR data then that may be possible.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/313694

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice