cell value displayed in another cell

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

scouse13

hi guys

on a worksheet i would like cell c5 to show the value thats been entered in any other cell thats is selected, obviously i can use = to show a single cells value but what code do i need to show any value the user selects,i.e
c5 is the main cell that displays whatever other cell value is selected
if d6 has a value entered of 100 and the user highlights this cell the result is shown in c5
if e6 has a value entered of 50 and the user highlights this cell the result is shown in c5

i hopei have explained this ok,any help appreciated

"what code"?

Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range)
If Target.Address <> "C5" Then
Range("C5") = Target.Value
End If
End Sub

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts