1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Center images

Discussion in 'Web Design & Development' started by wildrider, Oct 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. wildrider

wildrider Thread Starter

Hi there,

I had a question (http://wordpress.org/support/topic/207866?replies=3) regarding wordpress and centering images but am not able to get too much help on the wordpress support forums. If anyone could help me out here I'd be really thankful.

Cheers

2. Paul Zannucci

Paul Zannucci

Without having access to the code there it's going to be a really tough question to answer. Open up style.css and find that id "logo" and see what it is saying and whether you can change it from there.

3. wildrider

wildrider Thread Starter

The logo id is: #logo {
    width:350px;
    }

If you could have a look at my Style.css file it'd be awesome...

Sorry for the long post and thank so much!

4. Paul Zannucci

Paul Zannucci

I don't really see the ad defined (which is not a bad thing), so it's hard to get proper dimensions, but I'm pretty sure that any attempt to float this over, like this:

#logo {
    float:center;
    }

Would just end up with your logo being centered between the left margin and the left of the ad.

I read at Wordpress what you were trying to do, and my suggestion would be to try to go ahead and put your left-side ad in and then make your changes to the logo so that it will center between the two, or to put your left ad in and place your logo manually where you want it like this:

#logo {
    margin-left:200px;
    }

Where you just keep adjusting the number at px until it looks the way you want it.

CSS is really kind of difficult to edit from afar (at least for me). Make sure you've made copies of your last file versions that worked, and then play with it a little to see which way works best.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/755889

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice