1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

CentralNIC and new .com domains?

Discussion in 'Web Design & Development' started by Gisborne, Jul 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Gisborne

Gisborne Thread Starter

Has anyone ever dealt with IDNs, .us.com's or .uk.com's or the like?

Does anyone think having a domain like doctors.us.com would be worth anything? It was available last time I checked, but I'm afraid of spending the registration fee.

After some searching, I found CentralNIC. Their site looks nice. And, they seem professional. Has anyone worked with them?

Any thoughts? I'm very interested in the prospect. Or, should I post this question somewhere else?

2. AbvAvgUser

AbvAvgUser

What? Payment for sub-domains?? :eek: I think I will personally never do that! You are at their complete mercy for your site and if it creates some good-will and they decide to bank on it, you are in trouble!

I suggest take whatever domain name is available, pay for it and use it. You can opt for free hosting because that you can change within no time. But people know your site by your domain name. Its really important to have full control over the domain name.

3. Moegopher

Moegopher

Many hosts offer sub-domains for free. If you are going to pay for one, why not just buy a full domain?

4. brendandonhu

brendandonhu

CentralNic's secondary domains are perfectly legit, although the domain you listed is already taken and they are really not worth as much as top level domains. These are not the same as just any subdomains as CentralNic runs a full WHOIS server and your site is not "at their mercy" because you have full control over the DNS.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/483763

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice