Centrino system crashing network

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

amay

Hi people,
I've come here out of desperation and discovered a wealth of knowledge.

So..

I've been running
Cable Connection
thru
SMC 2404WBR Wireless router
to
PIII 600 - win XP via network cable
PIII 1.6Ghz win XP laptop with PCMCIA wireless card (D-Link AirPLUS DWL-650+)

this has been working without problems for a long time

now there is an Acer laptop with a centrino chip that has caused problems
IE6 is extremely slow to load websites however downloads achieve 450kbps (normal). (Intel PRO 2200BG - Win XP)

whats more... since the introduction of the centrino all computers are losing the network connection randomnly and often when the centrino is connected. This happens especially when sharing files.

can anyone help me speed up the centrino's browsing speed and stop it from breaking the network connection to the entire network?

thanks people! (y)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online