1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Centrino wireless drops Netgear router

Discussion in 'Networking' started by TShill7, Jun 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TShill7

TShill7 Thread Starter

Hi TSG,

I have a Sony Vaio laptop (WinXP) with B/G wireless integrated card connecting to a 8011/B Netgear DG824M AP/Firewall/Router acting as a DHCP (or is it DCHP?). I have connected to the router and other desktops/laptops on my wireless home network in the past.

But - the connection intially shows up as "Excellent" but then is lost and I am unable to reconnect. I have researched this problem on the net and have changed battery power saving setting, installed the latest Intel drivers, removed MS XP SP1 WAP patches that may have caused a problem and released & renewed the IP address many times but to no avail.

My Intel ProSET software says that the wired connection has an IP address of the 'correct' 192.168.0.2 (even though it is unplugged) but the wireless card has 0.0.0.0 (cannot renew its IP address). Have these adapters gotten confused or are there some other things I can try to sustain a connection?

many thanks in advance.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/234602

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice