certain devices won't load

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

kittiekat

I tested out a friends ram, as he was having trouble with it. I installed it and it singed the stick as well as the slot. Preticularly 2 connector pins. After I removed it, plugged everything back in, my keyboard and monitor won't load. I may have accidentally unplugged something but I don't see anything out of place. Any ideas of what's wrong?

If your "keyboard and monitor do not load" can we assume that your PC is not actually booting? There is a difference, but your post is confusing.

Have you destroyed the RAM sockets? Do you expect your PC to boot with no RAM, or damaged RAM slots?

kittiekat

Yes, the computer is not loading. Obviously it can't boot without ram, but only one slot looks damaged. Would that cause all the slots to not work?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts