Certain games stuck on loading screen/black screen

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
It is a bit of a teaser at the moment, please go to post 20
return settings to no overclock
update chipset driver
run memtest please

Naxks

About the memtest. I put it on the usb and i am ready to do it. The only thing that is not clear to me is the amount of tests and how to correctly save the information.

Am i suppose to click on config that leads me to the splashscreen where i can click on "Save system information summary to file" ?

And after that i am suppose to click on "start test" and let it do its own thing?

What exactly do you mean with 2 tests? Do you want me to repeat the whole test once more after the first one is done doing all of the 11-12 tests?

Naxks

Also, i just realised that windows has been checking my disk everytime it boots up. Way before i opened this topic here. It always says that it is scanning and repairing, however it repeats the same process everytime i boot it back up. No logs of this in event viewer whatsoever

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Also, i just realised that windows has been checking my disk everytime it boots up. Way before i opened this topic here. It always says that it is scanning and repairing, however it repeats the same process everytime i boot it back up. No logs of this in event viewer whatsoever
In that case what is known as the dirty bit has been set which will cause chkdsk to run at each restart
This can be due to registry errors or services corruption or indeed possibly ram errors

• Press Windows + R, type cmd, and press Ctrl + Shift + Enter to open elevated Command Prompt.
  • Type the command fsutil dirty query C: in Command Prompt, and press Enter to execute the command. This can help check if the drive has been marked with a dirty bit value, since CHKDSK will automatically check the disk that is marked as dirty.
  • Next if the dirty bit has been set, you can type chkntfs /x c: command, and press Enter to disable CHKDSK from scanning C drive on startup.

MEMTEST
run TWO complete passes on MEMTEST each pass consists of 10 -12 tests
On the images on this link
https://www.memtest86.com/screenshots.html
Look at the main menu image and you can see that it is 76% on the first test progress and has not even yet registered a percentage progress for the pass
So you run it until it is 100% for the pass and you will see that progress as each test in that pass completes to 100%.

Memtest will continue to run so you run the TWO complete tests
I do not need the actual results - only you reading if there are errrors
however if you want to post them
see here
MemTest86 - Test Results

Last edited:

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Cheers
All is in order with the ram

Was the dirty bit set ?
Have you updated chipset driver
Have you returned all settings to stock NO XMP no 120% ON CPU

Naxks

I did set the dirty bit. Only i did it after the test. Not sure if that is a problem
The chipsets are updated.
The cpu settings are back on stock. Ram is still OC. I will turn that off now.

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Further to the above it has crossed my mind that I have failed to mention - in view of the repeated drive checks and in that regard my mention of the dirty bit
Re the drive
the
Crucial
Crucial P1 500GB 3D NAND NVMe PCIe M.2 SSD
CT500P1SSD8

check that it has not somehow become partially unseated - I take it the securing screw was in place
Installing M.2 SSD 1. Loosen the M.2 riser screw from the motherboard. 2. Move and fasten the M.2 riser screw to the appropriate location for your M.2 SSD. 3. Insert your M.2 SSD into the M.2 slot at a 30-degree angle. 4. Secure the M.2 SSD in place with the supplied M.2 screw

Does the double width graphics card overhang the drive
AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT

and as under heavy load it can draw

Typical Board Power (Desktop)
225 W
Minimum PSU Recommendation
600 W

does the PSU meet the requirements and what is the make and full model
Cheapo PSU`s can fail to provide stable power under load.

====================
IS the only problem apart from the apparent repeated chkdsk - still only related to certain games and all is OK on other games of similar demand.

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Re your last I am confused
you now say
I did set the dirty bit. Only i did it after the test. Not sure if that is a problem
YOU set the dirty bit
and yet you posted that you had realised that chkdsk was running on every start
Well if you set the dirty bit it will do
I asked you to check if the system was setting the dirty bit

I do not now know which is the case - you decided to set it OR it was a surprise to you that chkdsk was running on every start.

Naxks

Correction. I meant using the fsutil dirty query C: command with "setting" the dirty bit. So no i have never manually marked it is a dirty bit. So it was a suprise.

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Cheers - I am signing off now
So have you unset it as per my post
and please look at my post 39

I am in UK back online - about 1930hrs approx.

Naxks

When i use chkntfs /x c: it gives me the following message:

"The type of the file system is NTFS"

Is that command the one that is suppose to unset it?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-I will follow your instructions on checking if the SSD is not unseated.

Does the double width graphics card overhang the drive
AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT
What exactly do you mean with this?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
- Yes. My PSU (650w MWE Fully modular gold coolermaster) does meet the requirements.

- Yes it is a problem only with specific games. I can run other games with the same demand without an issue.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Maybe important: I cant seem to click on things when i use the "type here to search" bar (See screenshot)
I experience problems with windows applications especially "Films and TV" when watching a video that i have dowloaded for example. The whole program starts to stutter and freeze for a few seconds but it has no effect to the rest of the pc. After the few seconds it works fine however i can not drag the window around. Not even after those few seconds.

Attachments

Last edited:

Naxks

Sure thing. Thanks again and my apologies for the misunderstanding.

Have a good night.

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Sorry I am late, got home late and only just had dinner
See you about 2130

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online