Certain games stuck on loading screen/black screen

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
As I said above sorry I am late.
To review the situation to date, when I started helping you it appeared advisable to see if we could establish the problem, not merely of certain games showing problems, which is not unusual and sometimes even acknowledged by Nvidia or AMD in their graphic drivers, but of more importance appeared to me to be
. A month ago windows decided to not properly work anymore so i was forced to do a fresh install via the USB. Suprisingly that solved my problem, but not for long. Right now i still experience the same old black screen and never ending loadingscreen problem.

Games like: Modernwarfare, Dying light, Kingdom come and Rainbow 6 and etc are not working. While CSGO, ARMA, Overwatch and some other games are. I have not been able to find out what exactly is the reason for this problem but i would assume it has to do something with windows itself maybe?
and the system file check errors.
When I examined the logs and found the report that a chkdsk repair of the driver was advised and that some services such as BITS Background Intelligent Transfer service were failing to load etc it seemed appropriate to do the chkdsk and check the ram.

The chkdsk results not appearing are still a little of a puzzle and it may well be that this is connected with the services, not bits but others or the registry.

These and the other problems could have been caused by faulty ram and indeed may still be caused by a problem with the NVME M2 drive its connection or some aspect of the system itself.

Therefore
1. Please confirm that the dirty bit was shown as set when you executed the cmd
fsutil dirty query C:

2. Have you now reset ram to run SPD by cancelling XMP if not please do so

3. I know you had run it before but please run a system file check again on an elevated cmd prompt
sfc /scannow
if it reports errors could NOT be fixed
RESTART and run again
repeat that so that you run it three times if necessary
If it still reports errors could not be fixed run the
Deployment Imaging Servicing Component with the cmd
Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

The full details of how to run both are here
(1) Run SFC Command in Windows 10 | Tutorials (tenforums.com)

please follow option 3 particularly the details at part 4 with yellow background on option 3

Even if it fails I do NOT yet need the logs, simply the results
eg
it passed sfc first time
it passed sfc on second or third run
it failed sfc but passed DISM and then passed sfc

DO NOT please proceed to system restore etc even if it fails to pass the file check

Naxks

Not a problem. Thank you for all of your time and effort so far.

1. When entering the command fsutil dirty query C: i get: Volume - C: is Dirty as a reply. (See screenshot)

2. I did and now my ram is currently running at 2133Mhz

3. I did the test and it passed the first time saying that "Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations." (again see screenshot)

Attachments

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Go settings
update and security
Check if there are pending updates please
If so see if they will install

Re this

Does the double width graphics card overhang the drive
AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT
What exactly do you mean with this?
What I mean is that there have been problems with those M2 NVME drives overheating and if the graphics card is partially covering the drive, there MAY be problems from that
Tested: Does Your NVMe SSD Need a Heatsink? - Make Tech Easier

I do not suggest you jump in for a heatsink, at this stage, but please run the suggested HWINfo and Crystal and see what the temps are on the drive

Crystal Dew World (crystalmark.info)
HWiNFO - Free System Information, Monitoring and Diagnostics

You may also get temps for the M2 from the firmware - page 59 of your manual - online version - hardware monitor
B450 TOMAHAWK MAX | Motherboard | MSI Global
Check these temps at idle and also while on load

Last edited:

Naxks

There is indeed an update now. It will install once i restart my pc. (Update 2021-06 Cumulative Update Preview for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8 for Windows 10 Version 21H1 for x64 (KB5003537))

Ah i see. No, my GPU does not cover the drive.

So just to be clear. Do you want me to dowload HWinNFO and Crystal and check the Drive temps on idle and load?

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
install the update please
although I do not think it will make any difference in this case, sometimes when an update has failed to install correctly, the dirty bit will be set and remains set until the update is again installed

Yes I think you should check temps and as I said in hardware monitor as per your manual in UEFI - that can be done to get an idea of temp for the drive - shown at idle
then compare that with temp at idle for HWInfo
then check HWInfo temp under load in other words leave that open - minimized and then refresh on HWInfo to get readings whilst gaming
and also check the report from Crystal on the general health of the NVME drive

If we get no where from there, whilst I appreciate you will not have another NVME M2 drive to try, do you have a spare SATA SSD or even spinning drive to fit internally and try a clean install of 10 on that drive - taking out the NVME first
setting up with the minimum of apps and just a couple of games
Then see what happens on that drive

The reason I suggest this is I just cannot fathom out why we do not get a chkdsk result and why the dirty bit is set, and indeed why you have the problem with the click on - after type to search etc..

I had the same problem on my old PS3 from time to time, yes, it was hot when it happening, but only one game

Naxks

I have installed the updates. I will check the temps aswell and let you know of them

Unfortunately i dont have a spare drive laying around. I could install windows on my HDD though?

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Unfortunately i dont have a spare drive laying around. I could install windows on my HDD though?
That is what I meant
If we get no where from there, whilst I appreciate you will not have another NVME M2 drive to try, do you have a spare SATA SSD or even spinning drive to fit internally and try a clean install of 10 on that drive - taking out the NVME first
setting up with the minimum of apps and just a couple of games
Then see what happens on that drive
but which hard drive are you referring to as if you mean the Seagate 2TB , you only have 7.9GB free
Model ST2000DM008-2FR102
Seagate Barracuda
and even if you are not going to try Windows install on there, you should make sure you have more free space on that drive, even although it is the not the OS drive you are best keeping more free space.

Last edited:

Naxks

I am aware that it is healthier for the drive to have atleast 15% free space. Unfortunately i had to safe a lot of files on it recently. I will work on it and try to make more space so i can install windows on the HDD after the SSD temp checks.

Thanks.

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Cheers
attached is a screenshot of Crystal in case you have not used it before - shows temp, health status
and detailed report.
Please post YOUR report unless you certainly know that all is OK
crystal disk.jpg

Sorry to be late to the game...

You might find HWMonitor good for comparing temperatures. It shows minimum and maximum temperatures. After a stress test the idle temperature is Min while the load temperature is Max.

If in the end you find there is a serious temperature problem especially with the CPU your best bet is to:
1. Solve the temperature problem
2. Reinstall Windows

It is possible that with all the instabilities caused by this you may have corrupt data on your drives. If that is true then you will be plagued by problems until the corrupt data is gone.

1625262563479.jpeg

1625262581113.jpeg

1625262590041.jpeg

HWMonitor
http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html

Prime95 (CPU stress test)
http://www.mersenne.org/freesoft/

Heaven (GPU stress test)
https://benchmark.unigine.com/heaven

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Cheers - that looks Ok with the number of un expected shutdowns and the apparently repeated chkdsk and the hours of use -the 90% is to be expected

I suggest you run HWMonitor as suggested by MrEd51 although I do not expect it to show anything amiss.

I do not like the stress tests, but that is only my opinion.
They have a place, without doubt, but IMHO it must be remembered that they overdrive your CPU and GPU beyond what it would EVER reach in a non or light OC situation.

I personally think that normal heavy use such as the games of high demand for the GPU

If you are going to run them I strongly recommend you beat this in mind for Prime95 or indeed any other stress testing

While running Prime95 your CPU will become incredibly hot, it is imperative that you keep a constant watch of your CPU temperature with a system monitoring utility such as Speccy, Speedfan or HWMonitor. If your CPU temperature does reach dangerous levels stop the Prime95 stress test to prevent inflicting damage on your CPU.

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Further to the above if you run the stress testing and it shows anything then it is only proper that MrEd51 deals with it, as it was his suggestion.
That is not a cop-out or anything, or because I do not favour these tests
It is simply that in my opinion, it would be best that anything it discloses is dealt with by someone who uses them regularly. I do not.

If they do NOT disclose anything or you do not run them I NOW recommend, having looked at the logs again that you try a repair install of windows on the NVME drive
Please follow this
(1) Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade | Tutorials (tenforums.com)

Download the ISO file
as here
Using the tool to create installation media (USB flash drive, DVD, or ISO file) to install Windows 10 on a different PC
I know it says on a different PC, but we are going to use the ISO to repair install windows 10 on the NVME drive.
Download Windows 10 (microsoft.com)
Mount the ISO it will open on a virtual drive
follow option 4 on the repair install link
After clicking setup on the mounted iso go point 9 on the link and pay attention to NOT updating at that stage
then on point 13 keep personal files and apps

If you have NOT done a repair install before you need to read through the link carefully

Further to the above if you run the stress testing and it shows anything then it is only proper that MrEd51 deals with it, as it was his suggestion.
That is not a cop-out or anything, or because I do not favour these tests
It is simply that in my opinion, it would be best that anything it discloses is dealt with by someone who uses them regularly. I do not.

If they do NOT disclose anything or you do not run them I NOW recommend, having looked at the logs again that you try a repair install of windows on the NVME drive
Please follow this
(1) Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade | Tutorials (tenforums.com)

Download the ISO file
as here
Using the tool to create installation media (USB flash drive, DVD, or ISO file) to install Windows 10 on a different PC
I know it says on a different PC, but we are going to use the ISO to repair install windows 10 on the NVME drive.
Download Windows 10 (microsoft.com)
Mount the ISO it will open on a virtual drive
follow option 4 on the repair install link
After clicking setup on the mounted iso go point 9 on the link and pay attention to NOT updating at that stage
then on point 13 keep personal files and apps

If you have NOT done a repair install before you need to read through the link carefully
All I suggested was using stress testing to determine whether a computer could run at maximum load for a period of time. It is only necessary to run these tests until the system reaches stability which should only take about 10 or 15 minutes maximum.

I don't know why you object to this because it a well known and used methodology probably used by thousands of people every day. It is a perfectly safe thing to do for a short time because modern CPUs and GPUs throttle back if their temperatures get too high.

Stress testing is a quick way to eliminate a temperature problem with the OPs computer. If it shows nothing then it is time to look elsewhere. If it does show that temperatures are too high then it is important this is corrected before anything else is done.

The OP plays some games that are crashing and corrupting his computer. The main goal is to find out why this is happening and correct it. The OP has already tried reinstalling Windows but the problem only returned. I don't recommend the OP try reinstalling Windows again until he finds out what is causing the instability in his system. I want to emphasize that reinstalling or repairing Windows on an unstable computer is a waste of time.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online