Certain games stuck on loading screen/black screen

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Naxks

Still nothing, it doesn't pop up in event viewer.

Also yesterday evening the problem came right back. Without restarting or doing anything significant that could affect it.

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
However, I just did the CHKDSK and it seems like I can now see it in the event viewer. The pc also did some automatic repairs when rebooting displaying a stage 2 on scanning and repairing the disk. (Can't exactly remember that part though)
From above to
Still nothing, it doesn't pop up in event viewer.
It has to be a drive error, or at least that is the more likely cause
I suggest you go back to my recommendation

Post 50 refers
I
f we get no where from there, whilst I appreciate you will not have another NVME M2 drive to try, do you have a spare SATA SSD or even spinning drive to fit internally and try a clean install of 10 on that drive - taking out the NVME first
setting up with the minimum of apps and just a couple of games
Then see what happens on that drive
Unless you can copy all the info from your other drive and start afresh with a clean 10 install on that drive, I recommend you borrow or buy a drive
NOT an M2 drive.

Last edited:

Naxks

Hi there, I have not been able to get a new HDD but I have something interesting here. Recently I have made another account on my pc and I discovered that when I switch to the new account and then switch back, my games suddenly work again. Any idea what this could mean?

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Hi there, I have not been able to get a new HDD but I have something interesting here. Recently I have made another account on my pc and I discovered that when I switch to the new account and then switch back, my games suddenly work again. Any idea what this could mean?
The important question is do they work on the new account, presuming you can load one from there

that when I switch to the new account
I cannot explain why they work when you go back to the old account. The reason they MAY work on the new account is because the old account profile has corruption in it, which if it is caused by the drive errors, will most likely occur in the new account after a period of use

Naxks

It is also working on the first account though. Today I didn't even have to login into the second account, it just worked right from the start. I don't know if this is a permanent solution. How is this possible?

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Could be a windows update that fixed it
Could be a driver update from Microsoft - windows update
Could be an update for the game/s
Really to be honest I do not have a real definite idea

All I can suggest at this time is you wait and see what happens in say a week or so, of playing the games that previously caused the crashes/black screens/etc.

Naxks

Update: So far still no change. It doesn't work until I log into my second desktop account.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!