Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Certain games stuck on loading screen/black screen

6K views 83 replies 5 participants last post by  Naxks 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello people!

Since some time now i have been struggling to use my pc for certain games. This problem started a few months ago. Back when it first started i still had some days where it magically started working again but after some time that was not the case anymore. A month ago windows decided to not properly work anymore so i was forced to do a fresh install via the USB. Suprisingly that solved my problem, but not for long. Right now i still experience the same old black screen and never ending loadingscreen problem.

Games like: Modernwarfare, Dying light, Kingdom come and Rainbow 6 and etc are not working. While CSGO, ARMA, Overwatch and some other games are. I have not been able to find out what exactly is the reason for this problem but i would assume it has to do something with windows itself maybe?

When i did the SFC Scannow it first did not work but after a few tries and some other things i have managed to get a CBS Error report aswell.

I have tried the following methods in order to solve the problem:

- Windows clean install (Both local and cloud)

- Reinstall games multiple times on boot drive (SSD) and on HDD.

- Dowload old drivers (Specifically 21.2.1 worked for just one day)

- Turned off instant replay

- Both updated and resetted the bios

- Dowloaded drivers without the AMD software

etc etc

Specs

This is a custom build. It has been a year since i have been using it.

GPU: Rx 5700XT

CPU: R5 3600

MOBO: MSI Tomahawk max b450

RAM: Corsair Vengeance CMK16GX4M2B3200C16 16gb DDR4 3200mhz (2x8GB LPX DDR4, 3200Mhz, C16 XMP)

PSU: Cooler Master MWE 650 Gold Full Modular

I have made sure that the cables are all well plugged in and its not a power loss. I can still Alt-tab.

I really hope someone here has a solution to this annoying problem i have been struggling with.

Thank you all in advance.

Attachments

See less See more
#5 · (Edited)
I just did and noticed that my cpu temps are too high like you can see in the screenshot even though i have nothing significant running in the background. But that might also be because its 31c degrees here. (88 Fahrenheit)

I am currently not 100% sure which one i am using but i will look into that after this. (Just did and included a picture of all the bios information next to the screenshots)

I have a 2TB Seagate HDD installed next to my 500GB m.2 Crucial SSD. (P1 M.2 2280)

Attachments

#6 ·
If that CPU temp is at idle then that is high and worth looking into.

Do you have a decent sized case?
Are all your internal cables run neatly and out of the way to ensure good airflow?
What case / System fans do you have, what are their locations and are they blowing in or out of the case?
Did the CPU Cooler come with an existing stick pad or did you manually apply thermal paste when you installed it?
Have you opened up the case to check for dust build up in and around cooler fins?

Your voltages look OK from the screenshots.

Just to check, are you overclocking anything or is it all running at stock speeds?

#7 ·
I have the phanteks p400a digital with its 3 front stock fans. Asfar as i know they both 3 are 120mm intake fans but i am not 100% sure about that. I added a picture of the case.

Most of the cables are on the backside of the case where they are sorted in a decent way.

The CPU cooler is the stock Ryzen 5 3600 cooler which is already not the best but it came with its pre-applied thermal paste. Maybe its an idea to apply new thermal paste? Since it has been over a year now.

Everything is at its stock speed. The only thing i changed was putting the energy plan on performance mode. If i would put it on "Power saver" Then my temps would look like the screenshot i attached to this message. Much lower despite having more background applications running.

Attachments

#8 ·
Thanks. Reapplying thermal paste may be a good start point, if funds are available maybe look into a better cooler? I mainly use Intel CPUs and the stock coolers on those are OK (when not overlocked), but have read occasionally where people suggest some of the AMD Stock Coolers aren't great. You would expect the temps to drop if you are dropping to Power Saver, but I would expect them to be around that level even in performance mode if you are not running any apps.

Check the front fans are clear and also take the front panel off and check the grill/filters aren't clogged up at all. They can get dust build up from the fans drawing air in, this reduces air flow and therefore reduce cooling efficiency.

Does MSI Center show any information about GPU temps etc, I'm not familiar with that app?

Have you run any stress tests? Might be worth running a CPU and possibly GPU stress test using something like OCCT.

Run the two tests seperately and keep MSI Center running so you can see what the temps etc are doing. If temps start getting too high then stop the test.

#9 ·
Thank you for replying.

I see. Do you think the temps are the reason for this problem?

I will clear the front panel as soon as possible.

No but i have the radeon software that does show all of them at one place.

I did some time ago. Everything seemed normal. But i have dowloaded OCCT now and will do one again. Is 30 minutes enough?

Attachments

#11 ·
Definitely something i should do as soon as possible yes. Thank you for pointing that out.

Did you take a look at the CBS error report btw? Windows found a few errors but was unable to repair them. Maybe the errors in the report cause this problem?

#14 ·
There is evidence that the registry has errors.
Either you are using a registry cleaner or some 3rd party system management software. such as a so called - make it go faster system booster that includes a registry cleaner

OR you have some manner of problem with the file system caused by drive errors or ram errors.

There are other possible causes, but these are the likely ones.

To progress the issue please answer the following questions - replying using the same numbering system.

1. What antivirus is in use - Windows Security/Defender or a third party one and if it is a third party one - which please in full detail

2. Are you indeed using any third party system management software if so which please - again in full detail

3. Have you received any messages that a drive needs to be checked. On 10 drives are self checking, but if errors are found this is usually drawn to your attention.

4. You say
A month ago windows decided to not properly work anymore so i was forced to do a fresh install via the USB. Suprisingly that solved my problem, but not for long
In what way please did it not work properly.
The fact that a clean install worked MAY tend to support that the problem is either as I said drive file system related, ram related, or the clean install put everything correctly in its place and the then continued use of the third party system maintenance registry cleaner has again caused problems

5. Have you suffered when you were forced to do the clean install Blue Screen of Death crashes.

6. When you reply I will send you a data gathering tool -no personal data will be collected, but it will provide me with a complete analaysis of your system, all components, settings and installed software.

7. I will then examine the results for you and make recommendations.

Finally when you do reply pleased type in te box that appears when you return to topic, not by clicking reply on this post , which would quote all of this back to me

Reactions: Tanis
#15 ·
Further to my last post
From your logs
FileHashMismatch on resource '\winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ocr-en-us-main_31bf3856ad364e35_10.0.19041.1_none_fa17a73d6a26d84e.manifest'[gle=0x80004005]
I mentioned in my previous post that I would send you a log gathering tool and analyse your data for you, to solve whatever the problem is.
I have now found the above entry
File Hash Mismatch CAN be caused - but not necessarily - when Windows is not activated and fully licensed.
What Window 10 version is in use please
I know it is Windows Home build
Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 19043)

but there appears to be evidence that other errors found MAY suggest that all is not correct with Windows files.
Is this Windows 10 activated and where was the software from when Windows 10 was first installed on this system please.

PLEASE add those details to your reply.
THANKS

#16 ·
1. I am using Windows Security/Defender

2. As far as i know i am currently not using any third party system management software. (Is there a quick and easy way to check this just to be sure?)

3. I never received any messages that a drive needs to be checked. (Again, is there a way to check this since there is a good chance that i might have missed it?)

4. It gave me Blue Screen of Death crashes. Eventually it crashed the moment i started up my pc and i could not do anything else than the screen where i could either turn off the pc/restart it or go to advanced options where i could troubleshoot. I could not get into my pc until i did a fresh install. Specifically using an USB since both the local and cloud install did not work.

5. Yes, that was my reason for the clean install. I had both Blue Screen of Death crashes and the complete crash like i described in 4.

6. Got it.

7. Much appreciated, thank you.

The reason for my doubt and not being sure is because i have resetted the pc multiple times and i might have something on there without me knowing. But asfar as i know there is none.

My windows 10 information:

Edition Windows 10 Home
Version 21H1
Installed on ‎06/‎06/‎2021 (Tried a fresh install using the USB once again but this time it did not work)
OS build 19043.1052
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.2020.0

Yes this windows is activated.

The software was from the USB where i installed windows itself on using its own dowload tool.

Thank you in advance.

#17 ·
Thanks for replying
Attached is a zipped file
Please download it to your computer - saving it to your desktop

Follow this procedure please
Used with the kind permission of Brink - Admin of WindowsTenForums

https://www.tenforums.com/members/brink.html
I also work on that forum.

Save log collector V2 log collector 1.09.zip to where (downloads for example) you want.
Right click on V2 log collector 1.09.zip in the Downloads folder and select Extract all. This will create a V2 log collector 1.09 folder.
Open the V2 log collector 1.09 folder and double click on the log-collector shortcut.
You may find that a window opens with a message that powershell needs re-enabling.
Ignore it and the cmd prompt will open as below
A Command Prompt window will open with the Ten Forums Log Collector running in it. Press the Enter key to start the collection process.
Command Prompt window will open. Press enter to close it. Note the Output location as that is where the zip file is located.
Attach that please to your reply using the upload a file button.

Attachments

#19 ·
An update for you
I am examining the logs
Only logged on at 2030
I will post when I find something

#20 ·
1. You appear to have an overclock set
Either manually or automatically on UEFI firmware
An example
Event[3584]:
Log Name: System
Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Processor-Power
Date: 2021-06-21T13:24:16.4590000Z
Event ID: 55
Task: N/A
Level: Information
Opcode: Info
Keyword: N/A
User: S-1-5-18
User Name: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
Computer: DESKTOP-F5JANNG
Description:
Processor 10 in group 0 exposes the following power management capabilities:

Idle state type: ACPI Idle (C) States (2 state(s))

Performance state type: ACPI Collaborative Processor Performance Control
Nominal Frequency (MHz): 3600
Maximum performance percentage: 120
Minimum performance percentage: 61
Minimum throttle percentage: 15

2. I recommend you return CPU to stock settings - I do appreciate AMD show max boost of 4.2 GHz (4200 MHz) but try it at standard and see what happens

3. I think I am correct in saying that your chipset driver is out of date
Go here
MSI Global - The Leading Brand in High-end Gaming & Professional Creation
install the chipset driver
and the audio driver'
Shut down using restart or full shutdown

Step 1: Open Start menu, select Power button.

Step 2: Press and hold the Shift key on keyboard, while clicking on Shut down, and then release the Shift key to perform a full shutdown.

4. There MAY be evidence that a ram check is necessary do the above please and I will post the details for the ram check .

#21 ·
MEMTEST
Do this after updating drivers and returning CPU to stock settings

Go here
https://www.memtest86.com/
put it on a flash pen drive as described boot the computer from the USB and run TWO complete passes on MEMTEST each pass consists of 10 -12 tests
On the images on this link
https://www.memtest86.com/screenshots.html
Look at the main menu image and you can see that it is 76% on the first test progress and has not even yet reistered a percentage progress for the pass
So you run it until it is 100% for the pass and you will see that progress as each test in that pass completes to 100%.

In case you do not know you make the USB as here
https://www.memtest86.com/tech_creating-window.html

which contains the rest of the instructions for using memtest.

IF that passes the two complete PASSES each of 11-12 tests then we will progress to further analysis and tests

#22 · (Edited)
Further to the above two posts I have further checked your logs
I asked if you had received warnings that your disk needed to be checked and you replied that you had not and yet the logs show such warnings

Event[3418]:
Log Name: System
Source: Microsoft-Windows-Ntfs
Date: 2021-06-20T11:46:44.4370000Z
Event ID: 98
Task: N/A
Level: Error
Opcode: Info
Keyword: N/A
User: S-1-5-18
User Name: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
Description:
Volume C: (\Device\HarddiskVolume3) needs to be taken offline to perform a Full Chkdsk. Please run "CHKDSK /F"

You need to run that chkdsk /f and report the results please
If you do not know how, I will advise you when you reply to my previous posts

#23 ·
naxks
Are you still with me on your topic
or have you solved it

#24 ·
Yes i am still with you. Im sorry for being a little inactive. I have been pretty busy. Sorry for that. Tomorrow i will make sure that i will do everything that you asked me for.

Once again i really appreciate you helping me. Thank you so much for that.

#25 · (Edited)
Cheers
From what I see you may properly start with the chkdsk /f on C drive first
Follow option 3 please
(1) Drive Error Checking in Windows 10 | Tutorials (tenforums.com)
so the cmd is
chkdsk C: /f

if when you issue that cmd the response - the drive is in use do you wish to force dismount type N
the response will then be OR it may be this in the place
Do you wish to run on restart
Type Y
and restart
chkdsk will run.

Post the chkdsk results first and we will go from there
and to post the results see this and use the search term wininit
follow option one

(1) Read Chkdsk Log in Event Viewer in Windows 10 | Tutorials (tenforums.com)

#27 ·
#26 ·
I can not see the results after i do the chkdsk in event viewer. When i filter it on Wininit or Chkdsk it only shows one result. And that is an error event from a week earlier. (See logs under this)

And when i manually try to check it through disk properties (SSD) i get the following message "We have found errors on this drive, to prevent data loss please repair this drive now"

Log Name: Application
Source: Microsoft-Windows-Wininit
Date: 17/06/2021 10:36:22
Event ID: 1015
Task Category: None
Level: Error
Keywords: Classic
User: N/A
Description:
A critical system process, C:\Windows\system32\lsass.exe, failed with status code c0000005. The machine must now be restarted.
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
<System>
<Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Wininit" Guid="{206f6dea-d3c5-4d10-bc72-989f03c8b84b}" EventSourceName="Wininit" />
<EventID Qualifiers="49152">1015</EventID>
<Version>0</Version>
<Level>2</Level>
<Task>0</Task>
<Opcode>0</Opcode>
<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2021-06-17T08:36:22.9343623Z" />
<EventRecordID>1808</EventRecordID>
<Correlation />
<Execution ProcessID="0" ThreadID="0" />
<Channel>Application</Channel>
<Computer>DESKTOP-F5JANNG</Computer>
<Security />
</System>
<EventData>
C:\Windows\system32\lsass.exe
c0000005
</EventData>
</Event>

Attachments

#28 ·
Yes. I entered "y"

"Chkdsk cannot run because the volume is in use by another
process. Would you like to schedule this volume to be
checked the next time the system restarts? (Y/N) y"

"This volume will be checked the next time the system restarts."

I see that it is indeed checking the disk when booting up my pc but the results are no where to be found

#29 ·
It looks as though there are errors in the file system preventing the report being recorded in event viewer
There are entries in the logs reporting various problems with loading aspects of the file system
Try the chkdsk as per option 2 - this time
(1) Drive Error Checking in Windows 10 | Tutorials (tenforums.com)
see if it reports it is necessary to repair having scanned drive

then if it does click for details to see if it records them running it from there rather than command prompt

#31 ·
It is a bit of a teaser at the moment, please go to post 20
return settings to no overclock
update chipset driver
run memtest please

#32 ·
About the memtest. I put it on the usb and i am ready to do it. The only thing that is not clear to me is the amount of tests and how to correctly save the information.

Am i suppose to click on config that leads me to the splashscreen where i can click on "Save system information summary to file" ?

And after that i am suppose to click on "start test" and let it do its own thing?

What exactly do you mean with 2 tests? Do you want me to repeat the whole test once more after the first one is done doing all of the 11-12 tests?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.