1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

certain keys on laptop not working

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by tesugu, Mar 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. tesugu

tesugu Thread Starter

Hi I noticed that gradually certain keys near each other are now not working on my Dell Inspiron 64OO, which is a couple of years old now....

the keys that arent working are the zero, minus symbol and equal sign on top line, letter p and bracket beside it, semicolon and apostrophe, slash with question mark. So they are related somehow I guess seeing that they are all in a line that runs downward.

I did pop off the letter p key and tried carefully cleaning it and it did work occasionally, but I gave up being patient and just copy and paste now, which is an absolute nuisance. please help if you can!:confused:

2. nebuchadnezzer2

nebuchadnezzer2

lol, how old is the laptop? they're designed to last about 2 years then start dying.

3. tesugu

tesugu Thread Starter

Hi, guess thats not good news...I bought it secondhand off my sons teacher who said it was 18 mths old last year, but I doubt that, it is definitely now more than 2 yrs old. Can I tell somehow.
    Is there a good way of trying to clean under the keys.
    Thanks

4. preachp

preachp

Hi tesugu,
    You might try an external USB keyboard. It would give you extended life for a little investement. Changing the keyboard on a laptop is neither fun nor cheap.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/908465

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice