1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Certain video files make explorer window close. error message.

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by radiostar66, Nov 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. radiostar66

radiostar66 Thread Starter

when I try and open up certain folders that have pictures and video from my digital camera I have uploaded whenever I try and open the video files or hover over them I get an error message reading:

Application Error

The ordinal 6880 could not be located in the DLL MFC42.DLL.

After I click OK it closes any & every explorer window I have on the screen. Including the one with the video files in it.

It's frustrating trying to rename, move, or organize these files when I cannot do anything with them before I get shut down.

What does this mean? Can anybody help?
    Thanks in advance,
    Radiostar66

2. ozrom1e

ozrom1e

What kind of digital camera do you have?

What software are you using with the camera? I am asking for the name of the software please?

3. radiostar66

radiostar66 Thread Starter

I have a fujifilm finepix A800
    I don't use the software that came with it. I don't even remember what it came with. I just use the stock windows scanner and camera wizard to upload things.

4. devil_himself

devil_himself

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/650312

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice