1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Certain Web Pages won't Load on Some Networked Computers

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by jackmch, Mar 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jackmch

jackmch Thread Starter

We have a four computer LAN that shares ISDN internet access using static IP addresses. Two of the computers work fine and load all web pages with no problems. Two other computers won't load several web sites that are fine on the good computers. Specifically we have been unable to load MSNBC.COM and ORBITZ.COM. We have checked to make sure all internet options and network settings are the same (except the IP address obviously) on all computers. We also connected one of the computers with the issue to the same port as a computer that works, changed its IP address to the same as the computer that works and it still would not load the sites. We have made sure that all Windows 2000 Pro updates have been applied. All four computer use Windows 2000 Pro. I suspect some obscure configuration issue, but have run out of places to look. Does anyone have any suggestions on what to try or what to check?

2. wacpt

wacpt

I know you said you said
    but does this include the security options?

3. jackmch

jackmch Thread Starter

We went through the set up in the security section in detail. However, I have suspected also that security setup may be an issue and will go back over it once more. Thanks for the suggestion.

4. jackmch

jackmch Thread Starter

Checked and rechecked security and it didn't help. They were all the same. I put everything back to default just to see if it made a difference. Same results.

5. MsPCGenius

MsPCGenius

This is very simplistic, but sometimes when I have trouble with websites loading, I clear out all cached files and have found that it allows me to do what I want....

Good luck :)

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/72623

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice