1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Certain websites will not load

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by katwoman63, Jan 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. katwoman63

katwoman63 Thread Starter

Hi! My mother's computer recently needed a clean up so I removed adware, ran scans and all that but there was still a problem with her loading our credit union's website: sdccu.com. I checked on my own laptop, and found the same issue for me and every other computer in the house. Assuming it was a problem with Verizon fios, I contacted their fios support line only to be met with a message stating they were being swamped with an unexpected number of support calls. I tried again today and got the same message. Even their chat support is busy. I'm assuming it's a problem with Verizon, since I've used a down or not site, pinged repeatedly, tried different browsers, rebooted my modem, reset the system, followed multiple instructions in the forum, etc. My question is, does anyone know if Verizon is having these issues? I've only found a few forum posts complaining of similar problems and that's it. Normally, it wouldn't be a big deal, but sdccu.com is a website my mom uses to transfer money and pay bills so it's important. My mom can access the site through her iphone when she connects to a different network however, her iphone does not connect at home, as expected. Anyway, thank you for your time.

2. Sponsor

3. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    I don't know the answer to your question, but I think you've described a Verizon DNS or routing problem.

Try typing into the browser's address bar 209.242.175.41 (that gets me to the San Diego County Credit Union).

4. katwoman63

katwoman63 Thread Starter

Thanks for the help. I will write that down in case this happens again. Shortly after my question was posted, I lost all internet access. Later in the evening, my internet returned and I am now able to access whatever site I try. I can only assume it was a problem on Verizon's end.

Thanks again for the help. It is nice to know there is help out there for those of us who are not tech savvy.

Katwoman

5. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    I'd say that's an excellent assumption!

You're welcome. :)

You can mark this solved using the [​IMG] button at the upper left of the page.

6. frnkblk

frnkblk

7. jackkeller

jackkeller

I have had this issue for over a week and when I call Verizon, they are clueless. I was told my computer settings were at fault. Even after I explained to them that websites work on my 3g phone and that all 4 computers in my house can't load certain sites ie, craigslist, epp (federal government site) I access for work and some others. I have rebooted then reset router to default settings and i have disabled all firewalls and any thing alse in can think of. Frustrated

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1036088