Certain websites will not load

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Lily168

Hi,

I bought a Sony Vaio netbook in November 2010 and to start with it allowed me access to hotmail, my work email, and university email accounts. Now however, none of these websites will load for me to access any of my emails. The internet progress bar says 'done' but the pages always remain blank.

I can't load any videos on youtube either.

I've had a look around up here and can't really find anything useful.

Please help as I'm at a loss as to what to do. I'm not that much of an advanced user. I'm really just an average computer user.

I'd be grateful for any advice you can give me.

What OS and what browser?
Try clearing your browser cache.
Do you have a firewall installed?

Lily168

What do you mean by 'OS'?
By 'browser' if I am understanding you correctly, I have been using internet explorer.
What do you mean by clearing my browser cache, and more importantly, how do I go about this?
Yes, there is a firewall installed.

Please, understand I am lost with a lot of this technical speak.

Lily.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online