1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Certificate of Authenticity?

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by T1m, Jan 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. T1m

T1m Thread Starter

I got a Acer Laptop for my birthday, included in the box was a leaflet saying anyone one bought between october 26, 2006 and march 15, 2007 wil get an express upgrade to windows vista. I visted the acer website today to find out more about upgrading and they allow you to send off for vista on their website. My only problem is that they ask for a Certificate of Authenticity (COA) number which is a label affixed to your Microsoft Office back up media. I can't find this anywhere in the box the laptop came in, how else can i find out this number? Windows xp media center edition came already installed on the laptop.

2. 1002richards

1002richards Retired Trusted Advisor

3. TechB

TechB

They want the COA for Windows, not Office. It's on the bottom of the laptop. Turn the laptop off. Turn it over. Write down the product key.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/539009

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice