1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

CES 2012 - Coolest Stuff - Samsung Smart Window

Discussion in 'Tech-Related News' started by HOBOcs, Jan 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. HOBOcs

HOBOcs Thread Starter

CES 2012 - Cool Stuff - Samsung's Transparent Smart Window

This appears to be one of the coolest things that came out of the 2012 CES. (Along with the razor thin OLED Samsung TV's)

[​IMG]

Samsung's Transparent Smart Window at CES 2012 [Official]

Another - At the Show Video Courtesy: Mobile Nations

Samsung’s Transparent Smart Window, the 22-inch LCD panel can not only show you everything your regular computer display does, but is also clear so that you can look through at what’s outside your home. The smart window can create its own virtual privacy shades. Although during the day, it’s ambient light that works as the backlight, two traditional edge-lighting sources are also fitted for nighttime use. The company has posted an official video demo of the product and we learned another juicy tidbit about it; it’s partially powered by the sun. The thing only requires 10% of normal power consumption.

- Key Features
    - screen size up to 46" - full touch
    - Built in light (at Top and Bottom)
    - Built in Blind (cool)
    - Solar powered

Not sure how/where I'd plug in my USB devices?
    I assume this is a "Windows" based operating system.

Originally debut last year (March 2011) - Unfortunately there’s still no word on pricing or domestic availability.

Link to another Article and move Videos
    http://usingwindowshomeserver.com/2012/01/14/ces-2012-samsungs-transparent-smart-window/

Samsung Official CES 2012 Press Release Video

2. leroys1000

leroys1000 Banned

I wouldn't want to pay for that broken window.:)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1036340