1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

CF-19 Toughbook won't see CD/DVD drive

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Newbie0000, Sep 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Newbie0000

Newbie0000 Thread Starter

I have a Panasonic CF-19CDBAXVM Toughbook, I created a bootable ghost boot disk with an image on it and booted from the USB CD/DVD drive into ghost no problem but when I went to select the image it no longer sees the CD drive???? I can boot from ghost boot disk, I have also tried XP and it will boot from that as well but as soon as I go to find the CD drive it is not there?

It's a Intel Core Duo 1.6, 1.5GB RAM and 80GB SATA HD.

2. vicks

vicks

Try going into the controll panel, select systems, then hardware and Device manager. Is the drive listed there or have a yellow exclamation on it? If it does, right click on it select remove. then reboot your system and let windows reinstall it automatically. This should work. let us know if you have/or don't have success.
    vicks

3. Newbie0000

Newbie0000 Thread Starter

No it's not that, it sees the CD drive upon boot but then it doesn't anymore. Not sure if it has something to do with the new SATA 2.5" slim HD's! All drivers and installed and working fine, it's just the wierdest thing I have yet to see.

Any more ideas???

Thanks

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/619733

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice