CGI problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Vadim

Hi,
I have 2 cgi programs but none of them is working. Actually I don't know what's wrong. One is a counter and the other – news updater.
The files .pl are working. For example, when I address .../cgi-bin/news/news.pl ecerything's OK and the news can be added but I can't see the news on the web-page where (as said in the instructions) I should add the following line '<!--#include virtual="/cgi-bin/news/news.pl"-->'. I have changed file attributes of .pl files into 755.
Could you help me to solve the problem, please.
Actually I'm really bad at cgi so the problem can be anything even obvious for you :)

TechGuy

Mike
Administrator
If you're using it in an HTML page, try renaming it to .SHTML

Also, make sure your host allows SSI.

Vadim

:( The thing is that it turns out that my host does NOT support # commands (SSI). Isn't it stupid to support CGI and don't support SSI??

Anyway thanks for reply

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online