1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Chaintech AV710 Sound Card and Logitech 5.1 Speakers: only 2 speakers work

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by chibahawk, Feb 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. chibahawk

chibahawk Thread Starter

I cant get these things to work together I think I just dunno what Im doing..

Installed my PCI card and setup my speakers and plugged em in etc.. Installed the drivers for 7.1 sound as the instructions suggested for me to do, even though my speakers are actually 5.1 (Logitech X-530) wonder if thats whats wrong...anyway

now my woofer works and so do my front two speakers but my other 3 are left out..what to do?

Thanks all!

2. CarlssonMB

CarlssonMB

I'd say install the 5.1 drivers and be sure the speakers are plugged into the correct ports

3. chibahawk

chibahawk Thread Starter

yup uninstalled the 7.1 drivers and installed the 5.1 drivers

question should all my speakers be goin at once if im just listening to music? im thinking maybe only the front two are supposed to work but how can i change the settings and put some juice in the other speakers?

4. timothye

timothye

depending on what your listening to . pop in a cd and hit play , then you should walk around and test to hear whats working and whats not .also there should be a program from logitech that allows you to test your surround sound system .
    cheers

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/331394

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice