1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved Change Boot Device Order in W10

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by coineeze, Sep 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. coineeze

coineeze Thread Starter

Hello. In W7, to change boot order, I went into the BIOS/Boot/ then moved the devices up or down to change the boot order and exited with saving. Under W10 however, I do not see the same options and am confused as to how to accomplish this. I have a Lenovo Y700 15isk which has a 1 TB HDD and a slot for an m.2 drive. I want to clone an m.2 from the HDD and and use that as my boot device, but don't know how to accomplish that in W10. Any step by step guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

2. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

The BIOS software is tied to the computer's motherboard and isn't controlled by the Windows operating system.
    Regardless of whether you have Windows 7 or Windows 10 installed in your computer, the BIOS settings screen remains the same.

---------------------------------------------------------------

3. coineeze

coineeze Thread Starter

Thanks flavalle. Your info really helped.

4. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

You're welcome. (y)

--------------------------------------------------------------

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1177904