1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Change Capitation in my TSG Identity

Discussion in 'Site Help, Feedback, & Announcements' started by AbvAvgUser, Feb 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. AbvAvgUser

AbvAvgUser Thread Starter

When I signed up for TSG I didn't know that identities are case sensitive.

I want my identity changed from abvavguser to AbvAvgUser - Hungarian Notation as programmers prefer. Can this be done please?

2. angelize56

angelize56 Always remembered in our hearts

abvavguser: You'd have to change your user name or you could register with that new name, but you'd need to set up another email account then too. If you simply want to change your user name, here is what Mike, the administrator has posted in the past on how to do so:

<b>As long as it doesn't get out of hand, you can request a username change by emailing me at [email protected]

Please be patient in waiting for replies, my inbox is over-flowing these days. Also, please provide as much information as possible when you email...

Specifically:
    1. Your current username.
    2. Your requested new username.
    3. Reason for change.</b>

Hope this helps you! Take care. angel

3. AbvAvgUser

angelize56, thank you for replying. It has already been done and I didn't have to send a mail to the administrator.

May this thread did the trick for me. I thank you and also thank the admin for doing it without a formal mail to him. :D

I just wanted my user name to make more sense and Hungarian notation is somewhat better than plain small case ;)

4. angelize56

The miracle workers of TSG! Glad you got what you wanted! :) Take care. angel :)

Your wish is our command! :D

5. AbvAvgUser

angelize56 said ...

My my!! I feel highly priviledged at that!! :p :D

6. angelize56

Abv: Just don't get too wishy and we won't get too commanding! :D Glad all worked out for you! Take care and have a great weekend! Any plans? :) angel

7. AbvAvgUser

There were very heavy and serious plans for the last week-end.

My 65 year old father under-went a bypass surgery on Saturday morning. It went for 6 hours and when we all saw him back, we were shocked to see him in the state he was in - so many tubes around him and because of the heavy dose of chlorofom, he was not able to recognise any of us, in spite of his eyes being open.

But its all over now. He spent 3 days in ICU and is back to normal hospital room :D. He will be back to home on Saturday. He is recovering well :p. I was in hospital for 3 days and therefore couldn't get on the TSG Forums, which is now my favourite hunting place.

Hope all's well at your end. :)

8. angelize56

Abv: As a nurse, I know how awful people can look after major surgery...and it's a shock if the family isn't prepared! I'm so glad your father is doing well! :) I hope you weren't suffering from anything too serious! You take care of yourself! :)

My health is improving day to day. Thanks for asking. Found out I have diabetes but it is at the stage to be controlled by meds and diet. I took insulin when I was pregnant 13 years ago and NEVER want to go there again! I didn't mind the shots...I hated testing my blood sugars...too many pokes! :)

So stay healthy! Take care. angel :)

9. AbvAvgUser

You are right. One needs to stay healthy. At the age of 30, I am struggling against high cholestrole, tryglyceride and blood pressure. Have improved over a period of years. But have been through a couple pf extremely stressful years some time back. So thats the cause.

Anyway, I think we are getting too personal in public threads. Shall meet you in this forum later someday. I will request this thread to be closed down.

Take care and all the best.

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/116573

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice