Change Default Browser

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

ILoveMinn

I use Explorer and Netscape. I have Windows 2000. When I try to get online clipart for my Office applications, it wants to open Netscape. Is there a way to change my default browser so that Office will use Explorer instead of Netscape?

In Internet Explorer go to Tools>>Internet Options>>Programs. Put a checkmark next to "Internet Explorer should check to see if it is the default web browser".
Next time you start IE, you should get an alert asking you if you want to change your default browser.

This is easy if you want to change from Netscape to IE (as stated by brendaandonhu above). The reverse is slightly more difficult. If you are using Windows XP, you can use the option "Set Program Access and Defaults". Otherwise, you can also use setbrowser freeware programme at http://www.voodoofiles.com/5178

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online