1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Change Default Inbox in Outlook 2007?

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Gotx, Apr 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gotx

Gotx Thread Starter

Anyone know how the change the "default inbox" that is linked to the Desktop Alerts?

I have 3 different email addresses (all POP accounts), all residing under the same profile. I created separate .PSTs for each address, and therefore they each have their own inbox/outbox/sent items/deleted items folders. My primary email address is linked to the "Personal Folders" .PST, and is set as the default account for sending mail. However, the Desktop Alerts that keep appearing are from one of my secondary accounts, an email addy that I only use for online shopping and therefore receives tons of ads and spam.

Needless to say, I want to be alerted when emails come to my main account, not when Best Buy or Old Navy sends me their spam of the day. :rolleyes: So how do I change which inbox is linked to the Desktop Alerts?

Thanks!!

Andrea M

2. jimr381

jimr381

First Name:
    Jim
    Welcome to the forum.

Have you tried to go into Tools>>Account Settings from the menu bar and then used the up arrow to change the priority on your main account so that it is at the top of the list? I do not use multiple accounts but would suggest that you check that out.

3. Gotx

Gotx Thread Starter

I have already been to that menu, and on the "Email" tab, the desired account is already set as the default (and it is already at the top of the list). The same account/.PST is also already set as the default on the "Data Files" tab as well . . . yet still, my Desktop Alerts are coming from a different mail account . . . :confused:

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/919999

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice