Change Default Playback Device

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

robes3393

With my current setup I have 2 playback devices that I constantly use on my computer. Currently to switch between devices I have to go to control panel, sound, and then change the playback device. I am hoping to find a way to make 2 shortcuts on my desktop to change my playback devices. One shortcut for each of my devices, where i can open the shortcut and the default device will be changed. I am using Windows 7 Ultimate.

Any help or suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks Robes

leroys1000

Banned
An easy way to switch is click the volume icon in the taskbar.
Click mixer.
Under the speaker selection is a drop down menu.
Click that and select your output device.

robes3393

Thanks, i know i can change it that way, but I am trying to make shortcuts instead. I have a keyboard with programmable keys and would like to set a key for each of my devices.

On my keyboard, I was able to edit and assign shortcuts in its properties. I'm not sure if this method will work on yours, but that's what worked for mine computer.

-- Ryan
Windows Outreach Team

robes3393

I can assign shortcuts in the logitech software that came with my keyboard. I do not know how to assign speakers to these shortcuts.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts