1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Change DIP switch from 100MHz(default) to 133MHz

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by dallachy, Nov 27, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dallachy

dallachy Thread Starter

Sorry I am new to this system "of exchanging information’s" so maybe I ignored someone in my past question. I apologise for it.
    Here is my problem;

I would like to set my RAM Frequency from the Default 100MHz to 133MHz for my new CPU; AMD Duron 900MHz with 200MHz FSB but for every manual setting that I have tried other than the default one the computer won’t start. I only get to short beeps and the screen never comes to life.

I use Win 98SE with the latest motherboard BIOS upgrade from Gigabyte for my
    GA-7ZXR rev.3x motherboard “SoA VIA Apollo KT133A ATX A R” with one PC133 128Mb SDRAM and a Hercules Prophet II 3D MX 32Mb RAM AGP.

Can you please give me a table with this settings in place:
    System Bus Speed SW1: (CPU Freq.) = ?
    CPU Over Voltage Tage (SW3) = ?
    Memory Over Voltage (SW4) = ?
    AGP Over Voltage (SW5) = ?
    CPU Ratio (SW6) = ?
    Yours sincerely,
    Mike Trestianu

2. Rockn

Rockn

Set the FSB dip switches to 133 and set the multiplier to 7 to 1. I am not sure about the voltages so look at your manual for the motherboard....that's what they wrote it for!!

3. brianF

brianF

Isn't the duron multiplier locked unless you connect the L1 bridges, If so using a 7 multiplier isn't going to work. And setting the front side bus to 133 with the 9 multiplier is really a severe overclock unless you have really good cooling.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/59825

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice