1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Change Image on Form with Access 2007

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Malmorcan, Oct 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Malmorcan

Malmorcan Thread Starter

I have made a number of solid databases, but this is a particular challenge that no amount of searching has been able to help me with:

I want to display an image on a form depending on the selected record. I have read that I need to use an image control, or an unbound image control or something. I cannot for the life of me figure out what this is, or how to make it work.

I've got a table of paths using text fields, but on the form I don't know how to make them display as images. I've tried using the Unbound Object Frame control, but it always prompts me for a link, and doesn't work.

I've read that this can be done in Access 2007 without any coding necessary, but have yet to find an explanation that can actually take me from step A to step B (though all the C to D steps are out there).

Can anyone help? I apparently need stupid person instruction here. :/

2. OBP

OBP

I don't know how to do it Access 2007 without VB Code. But I have created plenty of databases working in older Versions that do it with simple vba code and I do mean pretty simple.
    I can point you to a couple that I posted on this Forum if you want to see them.

3. Telepathetic

Telepathetic

Assuming the picture is specific to the record, could you not use an attachment field in the underlyiing table? Provided that the field Display property is set to image / icon, the form view will display the picture when the record is selected . At least it does in mine...

4. MRdNk

MRdNk

As OBP noted, you should be able to do this with a little bit of simple VBA.

5. Malmorcan

Malmorcan Thread Starter

Thanks for the replies, but I think I failed to really get across just how much I'm missing that initial step.

So, the fields I have are attachment fields, and they have pictures associated to them. If I create a form from the table with the wizard, I can see the pictures no problem. But, it's adding a control to another form to display the picture that I'm having a problem with. No matter what control I add to the form, it either doesn't work at all, or it just displays the link text, not the picture. I don't have the Display property as an option on any of the controls. I've tried cutting and pasting the picture field from the working form to my lookup form, but it doesn't work.

I've done some cutting and pasting of VBA code in the past, and I've gone through several examples online that show me how to do it in access 2003 or lower, but I've yet to get the code to work in 2007, which is why I was hoping to do it without using the code which is suppossedly doable. :/

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/756502

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice