Change of the "Home" name on macbook

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

julianlede

Hi I just recently purchased a used Macbook and would like to change the "Home" directory name form the previous owner's to mine. Will a clean re-install of the OSX give me the desired option to replace it?
Thanks.
J.

First Name
Peter
No, no need, open System Preferences, click on Accounts and create a new user for yourself, then login as that user to get your own home directory. Once happy, you can remove the old account.

I always recommend a clean install when receiving a new computer.

Like peterh40 said if you don't want that just create a new user account. Make sure to give yourself admin rights and when you re-login under this account, you can delete the previous account.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online