1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Change Partitioning

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Rustyhj, Nov 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rustyhj

Rustyhj Thread Starter

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition, Service Pack 3, v.3264, 32 bit
    Processor: Intel Pentium III Xeon processor, x86 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 10
    Processor Count: 2
    RAM: 1981 Mb
    Graphics Card: Intel(R) G41 Express Chipset, 256 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 39989 MB, Free - 3094 MB; D: Total - 36294 MB, Free - 14863 MB;
    Motherboard: ECS, G41T-M
    Antivirus: None

Hi
    As can be seen from the info I am using a Partitioned drive on my PC and the space is getting very small at the moment, my question is can I by myself either delete the partition or enlarge the C-drive making D-drive smaller or should I take my PC to a technical person. Can anybody please advise me on this

Thanks
    Rusty

2. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

3. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Jay
    Any surgery on the partitions carries some risk .. Having a backup is recommended.
    A hard drive that small must be fairly old ..
    And if you haven't preformed a fresh install of the OS lately .. The operating system probably needs a fresh install.
    Nothing tunes up a computer or fixes what may ail it better than a fresh install.

If it were me, I'd be thinking about a newer, bigger Hard Drive and a fresh install of the operating system.
    Then you can partition the newer Hard Drive and experiment with it while you learn, without destroying the old HD.
    Then, I'd give the old Hard Drive a semi-retirement and keep it around in a desk drawer for a backup.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1028622

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice