1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Change power options for USB

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by gamewolf, Apr 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. gamewolf

gamewolf Thread Starter

I have a USB powered KVM switch. When I come out of Vista sleep mode, not enough power is coming out to power the KVM, then I have to restart my computer. How can I change the power options for USB in vista? I went to the control panel then power options, but I couldn't find what I was looking for. Thanks.

2. Gulo Luseus

Gulo Luseus

Your best bet may to be a powered USB hub. If you have this prob, then any added USB devices will take more power. Generally, a pwered hub will give enough power for just about anything :)

3. gamewolf

gamewolf Thread Starter

So, your basically saying to get another kvm. I ordered it online and I am not wanting to pay shipping and a restocking fee. Are you sure there is nothing I can do?

4. MKS

MKS

Check the manual and look at the thing its self. If it has a power plug on it you just need to buy the right adapter for it(after you get it you might need to flip a switch on it to change its setting) if it dosn't your prob outa luck and have to get a new one.

5. gamewolf

gamewolf Thread Starter

There is no power plug for it. There is a monitor connection and im not using it. Would using it help at all?

6. MKS

MKS

7. gamewolf

gamewolf Thread Starter

Ok, I would need something cheap. I am just switching between 2 home computers. I am not willing to pay 100 bucks.

Also, I have another questions. I am using the usb connectors that are directly connected to the mobo. I also have a pci usb slot. Would putting it there help at all?

Thanks.

8. MKS

MKS

It might, I would give it a try. It depends on the system and PCI card.

9. gamewolf

gamewolf Thread Starter

Yes! It works! Thanks for everything.

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/702043

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice