1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Change Program Performance Speed

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by darnold, Jan 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darnold

darnold Thread Starter

UNDER WINDOWS XP

If I want to dedicate most of my processor speed and memory usage to a certain program everytime I start the program.. How can I change that for good so when I start the program or computer it will be automaticcally setup for it??

situation:
    If Im running the program already and go to the task manager, processes tab and highlight the certain program (lets says AutoCAD), right mouse click and set priority to HIGH.. the computer uses most of its resources for that program.. How do I set that for good... So I dont have to keep on doing the long way of it everytime I use the program and/or reboot??

i want to change the priority of a running program to stay HIGH all the time, when I reboot the computer too...

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/114719

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice