1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

change Recycle Bin Icon

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by soldtheworld, May 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. soldtheworld

soldtheworld Thread Starter

Hi everybody
    I want to change my recycle bin icon, is there a way to do it??
    Thanks in advance

2. Emtronics

Emtronics

Yes RIGHT click the Desktop and choose Properties. Then click on the Desktop Tab. Then click the Customize Desktop button. There you can change the icon.

BTW, this applies to XP Home and Pro.

3. soldtheworld

Someone has told me to change the registry keys and this and that ... madonn, its pretty simple
    Thanks emtronics

4. Emtronics

Emtronics

The simplest sometimes works the best! You're welcome!

5. soldtheworld

Now, the recycle bin icon keeps on changing I mean getting back to normal, I dont know why, so every time I have to change it again, any suggestions?
    Thks

6. Emtronics

Emtronics

If you have to remember, there are two icons needed for the recycle bin. One to show it empty, and one to show it with something in it. If you don't change both, it may revert back to the default Windows icon.

7. Dr Dave

Dr Dave

If you want to have some fun, you can use two programs that I use.
    Window Blinds and Object Desktop, with these two programs you can change
    all your Icons in one click, you can download many programs to change the way Internet Explorer looks, it really modernizes its appearance, I can make it look like its an Apple Computer, etc.
    http://www.wincustomize.com/

8. GBay

GBay

Hello Dr Dave, this is a pretty cool site, I'm not sure but I think I've been here before. Can you tell me, is this site's downloads spyware free, or are there some with spyware and some not. I'm always looking for ways to customize my computer but always have to clean the crap left behind by the spyware-based programs. Thanks.:)

9. Dr Dave

Dr Dave

Canadian, hey,,, Being that their programs are not free, it would be bad business to load up paying customers with spyware, to my knowledge this is not a problem. Heres a better link to the two programs. You also might try this free desktop manager, called Iconoid.
    http://www.stardock.com/products/windowblinds/

10. GBay

GBay

Canadian, yup, and proud to be :D Thanks a lot Dr.Dave, I found this out when I went on there and started messing around, guess I'll start a new thread over in the tips sections for any sites for free customizing of your system that dosen't include spyware. Take care.:)

11. soldtheworld

Thanks guys,

(Emotronics, both icons were changed empty and full)??!

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/230700

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice