1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Change The laptop hard disk with other one

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Halk20008, Feb 13, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Halk20008

Halk20008 Thread Starter

hello ;
    i changed my hard disk with another from different laptop not the same model but both are HP
    now i have some problems like the Graphics Card and the Blutooth are not recognized
    i want to know if the problem is from the hard disk or the windows, and if it from the windows
    the problem will be solved if i bought a new lics version??

2. dlipman

dlipman

First Name:
    David
    No. You will have licensing and HAL issues.

It would be best to clone the original to the replacement or wipe the replacement disk and either reinstall the OS from scratch or obtain from the laptop manufacturer the Manufacturer's image for the platform and install from that.

3. Halk20008

Halk20008 Thread Starter

So if i format the disk and install new licensed OS fron the scratch that would solve the problem

4. dlipman

dlipman

First Name:
    David
    Yes. Or like I noted, obtain the image of the platform from the manufacturer and install it.

Earlier we discussed HP. HP will sell, for a nominal fee, a DVD, set of DVDs or a USB Flash Drive that has the image of Laptop X. It will install a Factory Image on the replacement hard disk leaving it in a state as if you had just bought it.

5. Halk20008

Halk20008 Thread Starter

Ok that's go
    Ok thats great...
    But where i can buy or get this recovery from.. Because i searched in hp site and couldn't find
    I think im searching it wrong

6. dlipman

dlipman

First Name:
    David
    Give the a call; (650) 857-1501

Have the Model Number and Serial Number at hand when you make the call.

7. Halk20008

Halk20008 Thread Starter

As here in my previous thread i explained my problem https://forums.techguy.org/threads/change-the-laptop-hard-disk-with-other-one.1223070/

That my gpu not working after installing the driver that the screen would just go black and cant use it until i go safe mode and Uninstall the driver

The new thing is that they gave me a solution to install OS from scratch with lic key
    And thats what i did but i still have the same problem even after activating

Thank you again

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2019
  8. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    Were you able to do the suggested solution and obtain the correct recovery disc for the computer that is giving you the problems? It sounds like you may have used a recovery disc for maybe the computer from which you removed the hard drive.

EDIT: Also please provide the name of the manufacturer and the full model number of the computer. If it is a Dell computer, also provide the service code number.

9. Halk20008

Halk20008 Thread Starter

No i wasnt able to but my hand on the recovery disc because it went missing
    So i ended with the suggestion to install new os from scratch with new lic key.

10. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    I asked a moderator to reopen your old post and combine the threads.

If you installed a retail copy of Windows, it most likely would not have hardware specific drivers for given hardware on a given computer. If the installation gives you a working connection to the Internet you may be able to download and install the missing drivers. The preferred source would be directly from the support area of the computer manufacturer's web site. Some third party websites that claim to offer the drivers may attempt to install unwanted software and possible malware along with the drivers.

EDIT: I now see in your original old post that both computers are HP. You should be able to look up the model number on the HP site and obtain the correct drivers.

11. Halk20008

Halk20008 Thread Starter

Thank you...
    Hp G62-b81ee

12. Halk20008

Halk20008 Thread Starter

I did an d download the driver and in the middle of update the screen goes off and restart ..

13. Halk20008

Halk20008 Thread Starter

I got an extra thing now
    An error appeared saying

VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (ATIKMPAG.SYS)

14. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
  15. Halk20008

Halk20008 Thread Starter

Ok I'll try to install win7 & buy new product key
    And wish this well be solved

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1223070

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice