Change User - Pswd

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

zzz

Hi:)
Bought a used HP Laptop w/ Vista Business.
How can I change the User Name and Password?
Thx,
ZZZ

etaf

First Name
Wayne
so you have the details of the current username and password supplied by the seller - correct
you should be able to go to user accounts and set yourself up a new account with a new user and password

if you do not have access to the user set up, you may not be an admin user - you will need to go back to the business and ask for information about admin account

Often business rewrite the machine with thier own version of windows OS - so if its not the original software supplied with the machine -its possible there may be a license issue for you using the machine

zzz

Well, I got my own name to show on the start page and my own password. Did that in user accounts.
I'm still not the administrator but I have permission to change things.
Hey, I belong to dpreview as well. I see Danny over at the photoshop forums too.
I appreciate your help.
Have a great New Year.
ZZZ

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online