Changed a registry that i don't know and messed up laptop

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Noob4802

I was following ramcubed (very popular) guides on youtube to make my laptop faster which was fine on my other computer, but this time my internet doesn't work and alot of other things, Windows can't retrive information for things such as my computer specs, power settings, system restore etc doesn't work.. I'm guessing i changed a wrong registery some how as I derped out and i also don't have any network connections available now. Please help :)

DaveBurnett

Account Closed
Use the back -up to recover?
If you didn't do one then I suspect you will need a re-install.
If the guide did not tell you to do a back up first then it cannot be a good one.(even if it is popular)

Noob4802

I'm trying to refresh/reinstall to factory settings but it's not working as most things. I'm thinking something I changed disabled alot of windows services because I was looking at them and alot of the crucial ones were disabled but i'm a noob and don't know all the ones that need to be on, but I did the guides before, I have no idea what I done while I was dazed out but yeah, if i can figure out how to reinstall/refresh pc on the win8 settings that will be good. ATM it's saying 'There was a problem refreshing/resetting your pc, no changes were mage." Thanks.

DaveBurnett

Account Closed
I suspect the restore will be one of the boot options of the PC BEFORE you even get into Windows.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online