1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Changed bios setting, now no boot!!!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Hugenstein, Nov 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Hugenstein

Hugenstein Thread Starter

I changed the DDr:CPU ratio speed (stupid, I know!) and now the comp won't boot to the Enter Setup screen so I can change it back! I have nt made a boot disk, but would that get me into the BIOS setup. Is there another back door? Here are my Specs:

Albatron PX865PE
    P4 2.8
    Corsair DDR 512
    GeForce4 Ti4600

Man, am I bummed!!

Thanks

2. myvicisslow

myvicisslow

Try taking out the CMOS battery for a few minutes. Also set the CMOS jumper from 1,2 to 2,3. Then put it back to 1,2 when you put the CMOS battery back. This should reset the BIOS.

3. buddhafabio

buddhafabio

no problem, you need to open your computer up and either remove the battery on the motherboarde. Or locate the bios reset jumper and move the jumper to the other prongs

4. Hugenstein

Hugenstein Thread Starter

First, I have to say this:

For the crap that happens on the internet, the jerks and sickos, the spammers and scammers, there's just as many good people who want nothing more than to share their experiences and try to truly make this world a smaller, better place.

So, your fix worked, and I am an extremely happy man. I thought I was screwed big time!!! Thanks again!!!

Hugenstein

:D :D :D

5. silver_lexus

silver_lexus

Dont forget that your Bios is now set to default values. If you enter bios on boot up (Maybe F2 or del key) then you might like to try Optimal or best configuration. If it doesn't work then return it to default.

6. buddhafabio

buddhafabio

thats why i hang out here bro.

7. myvicisslow

myvicisslow

Yeah man. I'm so glad there is a forum like this around. I've learned so much since joining. I'm also into cars and some members of the sites I visit just ridicule you when you ask questions rather than extending the helping hand.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!