Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

changed BIOS settings - computer screen blank?

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  norton850 
#1 ·
First of all, my computer is a computer that I built myself.

It is running on a Shuttle motherboard with an Athlon 3000+ processor

1024 mb of ram (512, and two 256 dual channeled sticks)

128 mb 9200 video card

20 gig hard drive win xp pro

floppy/dvd-rw cd-rw drive

I changed some BIOS settings, such as the FSB because I wanted it higher, it was only at 130 i believe? My motherboard can support up to 400. I set it to 200 if i remember, i also changed the setting from optimal to expert so it can allow me to make the FSB higher.

i then saved the changes and it tried to reset itself but failed and i got a blank screen.... and yes i am sure that my video card is in the apg slot and connected properly to my monitor.

now whenever i turn it on, i jusst get the blank screen :( :confused:

i need to know how to past this... it seems that my hard drive only makes a little noise within the first couple seconds that i turn it on

now when i turn it off and turn it on, the power supply works, led lights come on, fans work, etc...hmmm :(

please let me know how i can fix my computer, any ideas at all would be great

edit: i made sure everything was attached (eg. hard drive to motherboard)...still doesnt work

See less See more
#3 ·
You need to clear the bios. Normally you do this by moving a jumper close to the battery on the motherboard.

After you restart you'll have to go back into the bios and set it up again. Next time don't use as aggressive settings though, or you'll end up with another blank screen.

#5 ·
gotrootdude said:
You need to clear the bios. Normally you do this by moving a jumper close to the battery on the motherboard.

After you restart you'll have to go back into the bios and set it up again. Next time don't use as aggressive settings though, or you'll end up with another blank screen.
HOW exact do i go by doing this

#6 ·
If you can't even get into the bios, which happens sometimes clear the cmos jumper.
It is three pins located next to the battery. Move the jumper from the parked position to the other position and back to parked.
Make sure to turn off the machine. Unplug it, and discharge any power by pressing the start button once before messing with the jumper. It is also not a bad idea to remove the battery before clearing the cmos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.