1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

changed reg - games wont work- system restore wont work

Discussion in 'Games' started by southshieldsdeb, Jan 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. southshieldsdeb

southshieldsdeb Thread Starter

None of my games will work. I took some advice of a forum because I couldnt get Perfect World to work and changed something in the registry to do with the port. Now no game will work and i would change it back but i dont know what it was previously.
    My system restores wont work, wont even undo, and theres only one days worth there now. I dont know how to do a utilities reg scan which I think may be what I need to do, I dont know if its in my pc or on my XP disk. I cant use the disk because I dont know how to find my product code and the person I bought it off has gone to Cyprus :p.

I've done a Drwebcureit but really I need instructions for a 2 year old and I think this has happened since my last one. I had a Win32 Trojan in the other day and Vundo got rid of it I think, maybe its got something to do with that, maybe its still lurking around. Ive done a Combofix amd this was at the top - WARNING -THIS MACHINE DOES NOT HAVE THE RECOVERY CONSOLE INSTALLED. If anyone can help me, you would save my life, its driving me mad now.

~~x~~

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/674522