Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Changeing user account password over network

2K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  squeezin 
#1 ·
Ok, so i sorta help out as a sys admin at my friends work...but im not computer expert. Just a computer and networking lover. :p And about every few months i change my admin user account password on all the computers. It's a small workgroup, no domain, of about 12 computers. And im looking for a easy way to change the password on all the computers over the network...if possible....in a workgroup.

So i came across PsPasswd from sysinternals..now owned by M$ ... but i dont think it would work for a workgroup enviroment...and i dont really understand how to use it. :eek:

This is the user/install guide it provides:
"

Installation

Copy PsPasswd onto your executable path and type pspasswd with command-line options defined below.

Usage

You can use PsPasswd to change the password of a local or domain account on the local or a remote computer.

usage: pspasswd [\\computer[,computer[,...] | @file [-u username [-p password]]] Username [NewPassword]]

computer
Run the command on the computer or computers specified. If you omit the computer name the command runs on the local system and if you enter a computer name of \\* then the command runs on all computers in the current domain.

@file
Execute the command on each of the computers listed in the file.

-u
Specifies optional user name for login to remote computer.

-p
Specifies optional password for user name. If you omit this you will be prompted to enter a hidden password.

Username
Specifies name of account for password change.

NewPassword
New password. If ommitted a NULL password is applied.

"

OK, so for starters...if this will work in my workgroup enviroment...what does the first line mean when it says:

"Copy PsPasswd onto your executable path and type pspasswd with command-line options defined below"

The rest of my questions ill ask if this would work in the workgroup.

Or if you have any suggestions for mass password change in a workgroup ???:confused:

also note, my admin username and password is the same across the board at the place.

Any and all help would be awesome.

See less See more
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.