1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Changes colour, then heats up.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by AJScott, Sep 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AJScott

AJScott Thread Starter

Hey guys.

This is my second time with this issue and I'd like some help with it. Been looking online and I can't find anything.

Basically, I'm using my computer:

Windows 7 Home Edition x64 bit
    i7-860 quad core 2.8Ghz
    6gb ram
    Nvidia Gts 240 (soon to be replaced)

And at seemingly random times, the taskbar along the bottom of the page which is normally transparents turns a sort of bright blue/white colour along with the tab bar at the top of whatever I'm using at the time, usually an internet browser. When this happens I can then hear the fans inside my machine spinning up, I open up RealTemp and the temperature shoots up. The first time it did it It went from around 20 to I think 100 because RealTemp marked one of my cores as "logged" today when it did it the max it got to was about 60. But I wasn't doing anything such as playing a game, I had Skype, Opera and maybe Steam open all at the same time and it got to about 60 degrees in a matter of seconds, then after staying there for about half a minute came back down to around 20.

Any ideas?

I thought it might of been the heat sink, but it seems to be securely fasted. I bought some quality thermal paste and I plan to remove the paste that is currently on my CPU and replace it with this. Is there anything else anyone could reccomend?

2. AJScott

AJScott Thread Starter

3. captainron276

captainron276

First Name:
    Ron
    To help us help you,please use the TSG System Info tool to let Tech's know the specs of your computer: http://static.techguy.org/download/SysInfo.exe Copy and paste the results here in your thread.
    Also, if its a brand name system like an Acer,Dell or HP, please post the exact model of the system.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1070874

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice