Changes colour, then heats up.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

AJScott

Hey guys.

This is my second time with this issue and I'd like some help with it. Been looking online and I can't find anything.

Basically, I'm using my computer:

Windows 7 Home Edition x64 bit
i7-860 quad core 2.8Ghz
6gb ram
Nvidia Gts 240 (soon to be replaced)

And at seemingly random times, the taskbar along the bottom of the page which is normally transparents turns a sort of bright blue/white colour along with the tab bar at the top of whatever I'm using at the time, usually an internet browser. When this happens I can then hear the fans inside my machine spinning up, I open up RealTemp and the temperature shoots up. The first time it did it It went from around 20 to I think 100 because RealTemp marked one of my cores as "logged" today when it did it the max it got to was about 60. But I wasn't doing anything such as playing a game, I had Skype, Opera and maybe Steam open all at the same time and it got to about 60 degrees in a matter of seconds, then after staying there for about half a minute came back down to around 20.

Any ideas?

I thought it might of been the heat sink, but it seems to be securely fasted. I bought some quality thermal paste and I plan to remove the paste that is currently on my CPU and replace it with this. Is there anything else anyone could reccomend?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online