1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Changing A Processor ???

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Johns_Games, Nov 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Johns_Games

Johns_Games Thread Starter

Hi i want to change my 1.5 processor to my 3.4ghz pentium 4 processor.How can i do it is it as simple as just taking one out and putting the other one in place.Can anyone please explain what the processors look like so i can swap them and where they are located and how to move them.Also ive got an audigy sound card and what to put it into another computer so i dont have any disks or anything to install so how do i do it.And how do i put a dvd rw drive in to replace the old cd rw please explain all of the above thanks for your help.

2. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

First you need to supply the exact cpu AND the motherboard it is going into. I doubt that a board that supports a 1.5gig cpu would support a 3.4 cpu, however it might.

3. Johns_Games

Johns_Games Thread Starter

Hi i dont know much about computers so would you please explain the statement above thanks.

4. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

You need to tell us the exact model of cpu AND the exact make and model of motherboard you are attempting to use.
    Again I doubt that a board that supports a 1.5 cpu will support a 3.4 cpu.

5. pugmug

pugmug Banned

Run this small free program and post what it states under the cpu tab and under the mainboard tab. Then post a link to the new cpu you want to try and install. http://www.cpuid.org/cpuz.php

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/522708

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice