1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Changing Album name on Media Player

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by hotskates, Aug 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. hotskates

hotskates Thread Starter

Our new laptop has windows XP. When I recorded a cd onto my media player it recorded as "Unknown Artist". I copied all 8 songs, and figured I could change the title and add the artists name later. Then I closed the windows media player. Well, I went to "My Music" folder and found the file titled unknown artist with the 8 songs in it. I renamed it with the artists name. Then when I went back to the media player to play the cd which was now burned onto the computer, it still showed the unknown artist. I tried to right click and rename from there but it wouldn't work. Is there a way to change this besides burning over?

2. tnik

tnik

when you say burning, are you talking about burning it onto a CD, or just ripping it to your harddrive?

3. hotskates

hotskates Thread Starter

I ripped it onto the hard drive I guess since I did it directly from the media player. I thought that was considered burning too?

4. tnik

tnik

in WMP, hit ALT-V, G, L, right click on the song, and hit edit..

when you take music from a cd, its normally called ripping, when you put music onto a cd, its normally called burning.. but I guess anyone can call it anything they want, it is a free country :)

5. hotskates

hotskates Thread Starter

Tnik Thanks!
    I'll try your suggestion later when I'm on the laptop.

:D RIP AND BURN:D

6. hotskates

hotskates Thread Starter

Well I tried. THe individual songs I was able to change names on all tracks, BUT, I couldn't change the title of the album on the top where it says "Unknown Album".?? Any other ideas

I have already renamed the file like I said above in My Documents, My songs, but the change doesn't show up on the wmp.

7. tnik

tnik

when you right click, click on the field that you want to change.. :)

8. hotskates

hotskates Thread Starter

I know that worked on the individual songs, but it doesn't work on the title right on top of the individual songs (You know where it says playlist in the box with the scroll down arrow, and it also lists radio presets, and all media, AND UNKNOWN ALBUM). I tried it, believe me, right clicking doesn't open a box on that row.

9. tnik

tnik

OHH, I'm sorry, I misinterperated what you were talking about.. Right now I'm at school, I'll post back when I get home..

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/156709

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice