1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Changing and Downloading Icons

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Southernonline, Dec 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Southernonline

Southernonline Thread Starter

I would like to know how to download additional icon packages for my Windows 7 system. I have tried in the past and can never get the packages to open or to appy to the computer. I only want to be able to change the desktop icons. If there is a way to replace them one-by-one that would be great. However, if I have to download a whole package at one time thats ok too.
    1. How do you download icons to your computer?
    2. What are some examples of secure sites to use to do this?
    3. After downloading, how do you get the icons to apply to the system and replace the existing icons?
    4. Can you replace single icons or do you have to replace all of the desktop icons at one time?

Thanks so much for your assistance.

Darren

2. Lance1

Lance1

Icon Archive Is a good place to start. Find the Icon or Icons you want and download. Remember were you put them. Right click the Desktop \ Personalize \ Change Desktop Icons. This is for the system Icons. Highlight the Icon you want to change. Click Change Icon and browse to were you downloaded the Icons. Highlight the one you want and click Open and then apply. That's it. Do the same for the other system Icons on the desktop.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1082307

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice