1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

changing battery

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by nomoreoso, Jan 5, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. nomoreoso

nomoreoso Thread Starter

Because the time on my clock keeps changing and my system is 4 years old and the battery has never been changed I want to put in a new battery. Is there anything special that I should do or can I just shut down and remove the old one and install a new one. I have an e-machine ,128 megs and run windows 98.

Thank you for your help

2. Dodge

Dodge

One question. Have you done a Bios Flash? (Upgraded the bios in your PC.

If not then, just take the battery out and install the new one. Just do it very quickly. You should be just fine.

If you have done a Bios Flash or you are not sure if one has been done then let us know and we can find a program for you to use to back up your current Bios....

3. nomoreoso

nomoreoso Thread Starter

As far as I know a Bio Flash has not been done. Also when you say just replace the battery quickly what is the time that i am looking at?

Thank you

4. Dodge

Dodge

As far as time, just dont take the battery out and then go buy one, then put it back in. I dont recomend that.

I usually just buy the battery, take it out of the package, then Take the old one out of the PC and put the new one right back in.

If you haven't already gotten the battery, you will need to get a CR2032....

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/64325

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice