1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Changing blue background color on "wallpaper"

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by hotskates, Apr 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. hotskates

hotskates Thread Starter

Is there a place to change the blue background color on wallpaper? I have looked all over. I can change the zigzag patterns but not the blue color.

2. 2harts4ever

2harts4ever

Hi hotskates,

Just surfing through the forums and found your post. For the record, I have Win95a on an aging Packard Bell.

I change my background color on my desktop by going to My Computer>Control Panel>Display>Appearance and then scroll down towards the bottom and you will find something similar to the following three choices: (1) Scheme, (2) Item and (3) Font.

Under item select 'Desktop' and to the right of that is a choice of colors. Pick the one you want for your background and "walla" your new background color is ready.

Regards,

2harts4ever

3. Filewasp

Filewasp

Hotskates: Another cool thing you can do is go to Start/Programs/Accesories/Paint. First thing to do is choose the bucket tool and on the bottom pick any color, left click the screen with the bucket to flood the page. Click on Colors on the top bar and open that, then click custom colors. You can move your mouse on the rainbow of choices till you like what you have. Click okay. Then use the bucket tool again, to flood the page with that color. Under File click save and save it anywhere. (Even Documents) Then under File will be a choice to set it as a wallpaper. I think you want to choose the one that says tile. If you want it back, right click your desktop anywhere, go to properties, background and you can set it to any of the options there. You can make your own squiggles and stuff with the other tools. Have fun.

4. hotskates

hotskates Thread Starter

Hey, thanks:D

Both ways work great!! It looks a lot better in hot pink now:D

5. 2harts4ever

2harts4ever

Hotskates,

Glad it worked. Thanks for posting back.

Regards,

2harts4ever

6. hewee

hewee

Well easyer then opening paint is go to Appearance tab and then to Item and scroll down desktop. Your then see the color box show up. Click on it and your get 20 colors to pick from but click other and you can change to any other premade color or play with the colors on the right there making your own adjustments.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/219731

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice