1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

changing boot sequence in xp pro

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by dagonz, Sep 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. dagonz

dagonz Thread Starter

I just purchased a computer with xp pro and need to change the boot sequence so to read from the cd drive first. The person i purchased it from forgot the user password so after purchasing it i bought a password recovery disk to correct this problem.I would appreciate any help.Thanks

I know i need to do this in bios (and know how to do this with windows 98) but not sure how with windows xp pro. are there certain keys to press on powerup that will bring me into bios? Thanks

2. jamesh2923

jamesh2923

The boot sequence is changed in the BIOS

3. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    yes there are certain keys to press - depends on model - when it boots does it provide a screen to goto setup.
    sometimes f10, or Del key
    post make.model of PC

4. trickyt

trickyt

Probably you press the DEL key as you turn the pc on to get to the BIOS. If the BIOS is password protected, just remove the battery from your pc (i.e. from the motherboard), for a while, then retry with the battery back in.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/275588

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice