1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Changing cases from slimline to fat

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Grinnbarr, Aug 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Grinnbarr

Grinnbarr Thread Starter

Hi,
    I have a Dell Inspiron 530s (slimline) which I've had for about 4 years now, and I have done a little upgrading on it already. Unfortunately, since it is a slim case, this means I have my new power supply hanging out the back because it is too large to fit inside. I needed this massive power supply because I bought a 'low profile' nVidia GeForce 9600GT but obviously the power supply that came with the computer wasn't beefy enough.
    Anyway, to cut a long story short, I've been given a very old computer in a normal sized case and I was wondering if it would be possible to move everything from the slim case to the fat one without having to buy any replacement parts? It's not a massive worry at the moment but the fact that there are bits hanging out the back make it awkward to move and I imagine it's not very good for it.
    Any help would be much appreciated, thanks

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/944175

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice